Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Fantasy Idol

M and I are obsessed with American Idol, and everyone is so good this year!  I decided that starting this week I'm going to do a weekly Idol post where I recap the night and give my opinions.  Check back tomorrow and Thursday for the posts! In the meantime, here is a fun idea for any other Idol fans out there...
Last night M and I packed up B and went over to our friends C and J's house for dinner and our annual fantasy idol draft!  What's fantasy idol you ask?  Well, fantasy idol is a way to make watching American Idol more fun than it already is.  Whether your obsessed with the show like hubby and I or are just forced to watch it by another member of your household, fantasy idol will make the experience much more enjoyable.

The way it works is you and the group of people your playing with hold a draft (think fantasy football draft which is why we call it fantasy idol) where everyone picks a certain number of idol finalists.  We chose to do it with the top 24 finalists and since there are four of us we each got 6 draft picks.  The way we work the scoring is a golf system, where the first week if one of your picks gets kicked off, you get 24 points, then the next week 23 points, then 22, and so on until the last week.  In the end the person with the lowest score at the end of the season wins the fantasy idol season! We play for a dinner of your choice cooked by the three losers, but obviously you can play for whatever stakes you like.

So without further ado, here is my 2012 fantasy idol team!

Reed Grimm
Phillip Phillips
Elise Testone
Deandre Brackensick
Haley Johnson
Eben Franckewitz

So far I think Reed is going to win it all this year.  We'll see how the first performances go tonight!

Stay tuned for my weekly Idol recap where I'll give my opinions on each of the performances tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment