Pages

Friday, February 10, 2012

2 months and graduating to the crib...

Yesterday B turned two months old.  As all mothers say with each passing day, week, month, year, decade, etc., I can not believe how fast time is flying.  While I'm sitting here dwelling on the fact that my little munchkin is growing up so fast, B is upstairs in his crib for the very first time.  He has been in his beloved Rock and Play right next to our bed since we brought him home, but mommy decided that her and daddy need their space/privacy back.  So the little guy is getting evicted from our room and let me tell you, this is not easy (for me)!  My heart has been racing since I walked out of the room.  He fell right asleep with only a few little peeps at first, and now I'm sitting downstairs on the couch resisting the urge to go up and check on him every 30 seconds.  This child has only ever been in his crib one other time, a nap about two weeks ago that lasted all of 20 minutes. That's it, besides that one interaction, this crib is completely foreign to him.  Is it possible that he is actually sleeping in his crib for the first time on the first shot without a single bit of fussing?

Okay I caved and just went and checked on him.  Sure enough he's out cold and hasn't moved an inch.  To my surprise, my monitor has not been lying to me for the past 15 min.  If he lasts until his usual 5am wake up, we may be the luckiest parents ever...

Keep your fingers crossed!

2 comments:

  1. Hope the rest of the night went smoothly for you. We transferred Harry to his crib at about 2 months and it went very smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It's been semi successful haha... he goes to sleep great in his crib but hasn't been giving us as long of a stretch as he does in his rock and play.

      Delete