Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Mothers don't get sick days...

So I stink at this blogging thing... but I promise to start getting better!  The past couple of weeks have been crazy.  I know, excuses excuses! We all were miserably sick at some point (and I was sick twice), I had a 20 page paper to write for my Marketing class (I've been taking online classes to get my MBA which I don't think I've mentioned yet), and we pretty much were busy all weekend every weekend.  So to make up for the fact that I haven't blogged in a few weeks, here is an adorable picture of my little man!


So two weeks ago, M got sick.  That's what you get when working in a building full of germ covered teenagers.  Of course I ended up catching it and was miserably sick for a few days.  Stuffy nose, sore throat, horrible cough (that never fully went away), and just overall feeling like death.  I learned the hard way that mom's don't get sick days.  I really wanted to stay in bed, call B and say "Hi baby! Sorry but mommy's not feeling to well today.  Think you can manage without me for the day?  Your bottles are in the fridge and there are clean diapers on the changing table.  Oh and can you let the dog out also?"  Wouldn't it be nice?  Instead, I spent four days taking care of a two month old while trying my hardest to not cough, sneeze or breath on him.  B was a good little boy for mommy though. 

As a first time mom I gain more and more respect for my own mother, and this was one of those moments.  As I sat there on the couch, curled up under the blanket while the baby played with his play gym, I could remember times when my own mom was sick or not feeling well.  I don't think I ever remember her sitting on the couch all day with a bottle of cough syrup by her side.  She sucked it up and went on with her day without skipping a beat.  I think as a mother you gain this inner strength and will power that shines through in moments like these.

Being sick and taking care of an infant isn't easy, but there were diapers to change, laundry to be done, and a baby to feed.  So I reached deep inside, summoned up my inner mother, and got my butt up off the couch... at least until daddy got home!

No comments:

Post a Comment