Pages

Friday, March 2, 2012

Good job America!

Since there were so many performances and so many people getting voted off this week, I decided to just do one post about Idol after the result show summing up what I thought of this week.  The title of my post says it all, America did a fairly good job at picking the top 5 guys and top 5 girls.  The judges also did good with their wild card picks.  There are only three people who got sent home last night that I would have put into the top 13...
Reed Grimm - I loved him from the beginning.  He is such a talented individual, I really thought he could win this whole competition.  He (unfortunately) was my first round draft pick for fantasy idol, that's how much I believed in him.  If you look back on all of his performances, he definitely should have been in the top 13, but it's his own fault (sort of) that he didn't make it this week.  What wasn't his fault is that he was the first guy to perform.  Lets face it, being being the first performance of the night on any week drops your chances significantly.  It's a two hour long show with 12 others after you.  Unless you have the greatest performance of your life, people will most likely forget you.  What was his fault is he picked a fun song that showed his ability to entertain but didn't showcase his voice... and he did this twice!  When the judges gave him a chance to "sing for his life", he sang a very similar song to what he had done on Tuesday night.  He scatted and danced around and didn't really sing his heart out.  First and foremost, this is a singing competition, and I think a lot of contestants forget that.

Jenn Hirsh - This girl can sing!  I think she was just off this week.  Her vocals were rocky throughout her performances.  She would song off one minute and then belt out a note that sounded amazing the next.  The song choices could have been a big part of that also.

Creighton Fraker - This one I kind of get.  His voice is very different and I'm sure it's easy for some people to not like it.  I happen to think it's awesome.  Song choice was his big issue here.  Since his voice might not be appealing to all the viewers, he should have chose a song that more people could relate to.

So other than those three, I think the top 13 turned out okay this year.  There are a lot of talented singers left, it's hard to tell who is going to come out on top.  I think the three people still alive on my fantasy idol team are going to be the top three in this competition.  Phillip Phillips, Elise Testone, and Deandre Brackensick all the way!

My guess?  Phillip Phillips wins it all! ...and I'm not just saying that because he's on my fantasy idol team.  This guy screams Dave Matthews in the way he performs and his voice.  Being a huge DMB fan, I'm rooting for this guy to go all the way!

Any other Idol fans out there?  What did you think of this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment